We provide an independent failure investigation service for metallic and polymeric materials.
Our expertise in failure investigation includes:
• Fatigue, brittle and ductile fracture mechanisms.
• Corrosion processes, stress corrosion cracking and hydrogen embrittlement.
• Wear mechanisms, adhesive, abrasive, cavitation erosion and fretting.
We have extensive laboratory equipment providing high quality analysis of all
aspects of a failure:
• Electron microscopy coupled with x-ray analysis to examine fracture surfaces, identify and analyse features of interest.
• Optical microscopy to examine relevant microstructural features.
• Macroscopic examination
• Chemical analysis
• Mechanical properties
• Hardness testing including bulk methods and microhardness surveying.
Our areas of expertise include:
• Automotive; powertrain, valvetrain, brakes, suspension
•Industrial; bolts, shafts, gears, lifting equipment, hydraulics
•Catering; contaminants, corrosion
• Medical Devices
• Domestic; plumbing fittings, electrical
• Electronic Devices